What is a Fertility Massage and Does it Really Work?
A lot of Singaporean couples look forward to having children. A study released by I Love Children (ILC), revealed that 77% of newlywed couples plan to have children within their first three years of marriage. Of those who were trying to conceive, almost 40 percent reported they were having problems getting pregnant.
Women who are trying to conceive seek fertility massages to increase their chances of getting pregnant. Want to learn how to get pregnant now? We’ll explore how a fertility massage can improve the chances of getting pregnant. It might be an alternative solution you need.
Why Would You Need a Fertility Massage?
Fertility massages help women experiencing infertility, the condition that prevents them from getting and staying pregnant despite trying to conceive for a year or more.
Age plays a major role in this medical issue. This is evident in the previously-mentioned ILC study. According to the study, Singaporean women are getting married at a later age. In 2006, the median age for marriage was 27 for women. That number increased to 28.4 in 2017. This later marriage age correlates with the problems Singaporean women are experiencing with getting pregnant.
Aging affects a woman’s reproductive system and her chances of becoming pregnant in the following ways:
- Her ovaries become less efficient at releasing eggs.
- She has fewer eggs available.
- The available eggs aren’t as healthy.
- The chances of having a miscarriage increase.
Some other factors that influence a woman’s barrenness are:
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- STIs (sexually transmitted infections).
- High levels of stress.
- Unhealthy diet.
- Athletic training.
- Hormone changes caused by conditions like Primary Ovarian Insufficiency, also known as early menopause, or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Some more direct causes of infertility are:
- Ovulation issues
- Uterine fibroids, which are clumps of muscle and tissue in the uterus
- Problems with the anatomy of the uterus
- Blocked fallopian tubes caused by Endometriosis or Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
A fertility massage may be able to combat these issues.
What is Fertility Massage?
Want to get pregnant fast? A fertility massage may be able to help.
A fertility massage is a deep massage that improves circulation to the stomach and pelvic area. It’s a safe and natural treatment option for infertility. It can support your menstrual cycle and overall reproductive health, which can increase the chances of you getting pregnant.
Will a Fertility Massage Help Me Get Pregnant?
An attentive and productive fertility massage will:
- Increase circulation to the uterus, ovaries, and cervix.
- Improve communication throughout the endocrine system and encourage a healthy hormonal balance.
- Rid the body of stagnant blood and old tissue.
- Bring fresh blood to the uterus.
- Reduce stress.
- Reposition an angled uterus.
- Break up scar tissue.
All of these benefits of a fertility massage make fertilization more likely to occur.
What About Other Treatments?
Fertility massages are safe alternatives to other fertility treatments. Women relate the feeling of a fertility massage to that of physical therapy. There may be some pressure involved, but there is never any pain.
A lot of women prefer fertility massages because they are cheap (or free if done from home). These treatments are also safe, non-invasive, and easy to perform.
Alternative treatments are emotionally, physically, and financially exhausting. Women opt for fertility massages because of the health risks of other treatments:
- IVF (In vitro fertilization). IVF often results in multiple fetuses, which increase the chances of a problematic pregnancy. Premature delivery and low birth rate are also more likely with IVF treatment.
- Artificial insemination. Artificial insemination presents a risk of infection. It also may result in twins or triplets, which can lead to a difficult pregnancy.
- Medication. Medications like estrogen modulators are used to treat infertility. They can cause side effects like headaches and dizziness. More seriously, they can result in blood clots or endometrial cancer.
How to Perform a Self Fertility Massage?
A lot of reputable fertility websites suggest that receiving a fertility massage is an effective way to increase the chances of getting pregnant.
You can have this type of treatment massage administered to you in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
Depending on your specific circumstances, you may want to perform a massage of your reproductive organs or your abdominal organs.
Reproductive Organ Massage
Your three main reproductive organs are your uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes. Start by locating these organs:
- Your uterus is found behind the bladder.
- Your ovaries are found next to the pelvic bone in front of the uterus.
- Your fallopian tubes are found on the sides of your uterus.
Here’s how to perform this massage:
- Lie down on a flat surface. Place a pillow under your knees to relax your pelvic area.
- Warm-up your hands by rubbing them together. Apply a massage oil of your choice.
- Locate your ovaries on both sides. Massage them using firm, circular motions. Apply more direct pressure to particularly tense areas. Slowly add and release pressure to relieve stress intense spots.
Abdominal Organ Massage
Some women perform a massage of their abdominal organs. This can be done by starting above the pelvic bone and working your way upwards. Give attention to the stomach, liver, and intestines. Use your fingertips and palms to massage tense areas and similarly apply and release pressure to alleviate stress intense areas.
Massaging the abdominal organs will:
- Eliminate impacted feces, excess hormones, and toxins
- Support digestive health
- Help the body deliver nutrients more efficiently
Even though massaging your abdominal organs may seem unnecessary if you’re trying to get pregnant, it should be done. The body works as a cohesive unit. Ensure that all of its systems are working properly. This creates a healthy environment that will increase the chances of getting pregnant.
Should I Seek Professional Assistance?
Some women seek professional assistance for this treatment because they don’t feel comfortable performing the massage on themselves. Others seek assistance for their massage because they feel it will be more effective if it’s performed by a professional.
Physical therapists and fertility massage specialists offer this treatment professionally. They use their hands to:
- Examine abdominal and pelvic organs for misalignment.
- Knead away knots blocking a woman’s fallopian tubes.
- Stretch tissues until they move in the correct direction.
Professional fertility massages have been successful in opening blocked fallopian tubes. In a study published by the journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 60 percent of women experienced the opening of at least one fallopian tube. 57 percent of women whose tubes were opened by the treatment became pregnant.
This type of professional therapy also treats endometriosis and lowers high FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) levels.
How to Reap the Full Benefits of Your Massage
Because it’s a natural option, a fertility massage is best combined with other lifestyle habits.
In addition to performing or obtaining a massage, try implementing these lifestyle tips to increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Understand your menstrual cycle
Record your cycle in a journal or track it using a mobile app. Learn more about the 4 phases of your cycle (menstruation, pre-ovulation, ovulation, and post-ovulation).
Have sex frequently enough
Experts’ suggestions vary, However, there is a consensus that you’re most likely to get pregnant during your ovulation phase. Try to have sex at least once a day during this phase, and aim for 3 to 4 times a week. Avoid having sex multiple times a day. Having sex too frequently can decrease the count and quality of your partner’s sperm. This can create additional problems for getting pregnant.
Adopt healthy routines
Need help getting pregnant? Follow these basic lifestyle routines:
- Stop drinking and smoking.
- Eat a healthy diet filled with foods rich in antioxidants, fiber, and iron.
- Avoid stressful environments.
- Adopt healthy habits for managing your stress.
- Consult your OB/GYN if unforeseen problems arise.
Final Thoughts: Is a Fertility Massage for Me?
If you’re having problems getting pregnant, a fertility massage is a safe option to help you through this complicated and stressful process. It is relaxing, especially since it can be done from the comfort of your home. Many women turn to this treatment option to avoid other more harmful, expensive, and ineffective treatments.
If you’re struggling, it might be worth a try.
More Fertility and Pregnancy Content From Theraply:
The Theraply admin is our resident ninja. She manages our social media , blog posts, WhatsApp chats, and mobile apps.